Active Luton aims to provide the best possible service to everyone of our customers, ensuring equality for disabled people.
All our leisure centres have been adapted in a number of ways to comply with the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act and the majority of Active Luton staff have been provided with training to meet the needs of our disabled customers.
Our Facilities include:
- Disabled parking spaces for disabled badge holders
- Automatic entrance doors and level access
- Low level reception desks
- Induction loops at service counters
- Dedicated changing and toilet facilities for people with disabilities
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Lift access to all floors
- Disabled access to the pools with the assistance of hoists
- Waiting service at Perks cafe's on request
We request all customers with disabilities to contact us in order to fill out a Personal or Group Emergency Evacuation Plan, this way we can ensure your wellbeing is at the forefront if an emergency was to happen.
Large print and Braille formats are available on request, but may require a two week turnaround.
All our centres offer a wide range of services and activities that cater for customers with special learning needs or disabilities and their carer’s.
- Swim sessions
- Personal Training
- Fitness Classes
- and much more.
Prices vary from site to site. You can contact individual facilities for further details on the specifics of what they offer and their accessibility.
We have qualified Fitness Instructors certified to REPs level 3 exercise & disability whereby they have access to specialist equipment which has been recommended by IFI.