National Curriculum Aims
The National Curriculum sets out a number of aims for Primary Schools in the delivery of PE to ensure that all pupils:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Lead healthy, active lives
In order to reach attainment targets pupils, by the end of each key stage, are expected to ‘know, apply and understand the matters, skills and processes specified in the relevant programme of study.’
Helping You Reach Your Curriculum Goals
The Active Education Team work with individual schools and staff to review current planning to ensure it meets the expectations and ever changing needs of the National Curriculum.
As part of this programme a range of support is provided in order to deliver on these targets. This includes:
- Access to a bank of Active Education lesson plans and schemes. If required, whole schemes of work can be created e.g. for teaching rugby. This can be an invaluable resource for teachers and provides a great reference aid.
- Working with schools to develop a bespoke scheme to meet their children’s needs e.g. Key Stage 1 – Fundamental movement skills.
If you would like to discuss how the Active Education Team can support you in Curriculum Planning for Physical Education at Key Stage 1 & 2, call the team on 01582 400272