Health and Wellbeing Zone at Luton Carnival 2017
Luton’s multicultural celebration event is back for its 41st anniversary this year and it’s a UK Carnival that you won’t want to miss.
Luton Carnival takes place on the streets surrounding Wardown Park and as always, the highlight of the day is a spectacular parade containing amazing costumes and street dancers. This year’s festivities are taking place between 12am to 6pm on the 28th May.
In addition to the parade, revellers can enjoy the Health and Well Being zone which is in it’s second year but is bigger and better!! All the activities within this zone are FREE!
There will also be various food stalls, a community stage and a festive atmosphere that is hard to top.
Within the zone there will be 19 local health and wellbeing organisations
Highlights of the zone include:
- A chance to win a £50 Mall voucher at the LGBT links stall
- Fruit kebabs for healthy living at the Live Well Luton stall
- Music 24 stall have drumming ; jamming and song writing
- Arts zone with Our Minds Matter stall
- Giant children’s games; face painting and mindfulness at the Luton Well Being service stall
- Active Luton offering football on the tennis courts; Zumba; body blitz and tug of war
- Break the stigma campaign by ELFT Mental Health trust will talk to carnival revellers about their perceptions of mental health.
There will be a timetable of events for people coming to our zone and an MC to introduce us from the Community stage.
At 5pm there will be a Mannequin challenge and a mass ‘Candy’ dance on the Community stage led by our Health and Well Being zone.
On the day, we will be promoting our services and offering support and advice to anybody should they wish to seek more information about a wide range of health and wellbeing issues.